Important to know…
Our candle products are created from 100% natural soy and should be looked after and viewed as important to maintain as an adored house plant.
No colourants or dyes are added to our products and for this reason when lit, the naturally white and creamy appearance of the soy may change colour to a light or darker shade of beige. This is reassurance that your candle contains 100% natural soy and is not created from a blended wax or paraffin wax that may emit toxic fumes.
‘Wet spots’ may appear, soy is very sensitive to temperature fluctuations and when the room temperature decreases the soy may contract from the sides of the container. Again, this is reassurance that your candle is made from 100% soy.
The above are NOT considered faults and are natural features of pure unadulterated soy wax.
Caring for your Candle…
1. When lighting your Candle de la Crème Candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt across the entire surface of the candle and to the edges of the container. This will prevent tunnelling and creates an even burn for the remainder of the candle.
2. Trim the wick to 4-5mm before EACH burn. This will ensure an even burn, a steady flame ad will reduce ‘smoking’ and ‘mushrooming’ of the wick.
3. If soot forms on the inside of your container, extinguish the flame with a candle snuffer and wait for it to cool. Then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim the wick and relight. Never blow out the flame.
4. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
5. Eliminate drafts from the area of the candle as draughts decrease burn time, cause uneven burning, increased smoking and diminish scent throw.
6. An efficient burning means the flame is not flickering and is tear drop shaped and is burning upright.
7. Maximise scent throw by keeping windows and doors closed. For maximum fragrance keep your environment closed up, light your candle and burn in desired space for 30 minutes before entering.
8. Always store your Candle de la Crème candle in a cool, dark and dry place.
9. Do not place your Candle de la Crème candle where it will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, exposure to these may cause further discolouring. Do not place close to curtains, soft furnishings, against walls or tiled backdrops. Allow the candle space to ‘breath’ it’s exquisite aromas.
10. Always keep candles away from children and pets.
11. Do not keep your candle lit for anymore than 4 hours each time as this will result in the candle ‘smoking’ and increased discolouration once the remainder of the candle solidifies once again.
12. Always use a protective surface to place your candle onto and never leave unattended.
13. Always carry out a patch test for each skincare candle and allow 24 hours before fully using.
Most importantly, enjoy caring for your candle and relish and appreciate its uniqueness!